Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Page List Errors

I have noticed that at times a page list like '(1 2)' will be displayed with the thread title when the number of pages available is actually more than what is indicated. I have seen times when, given a two page option (like above) -- I click on '2' only to find myself on page 2 of 8 - or something similar...

I realize that the page list should be automatically configured/generated based on the user's current page display settings.

Up to [some reasonable number like 9], the individual page numbers should all be listed so you can go directly to the desired page. If there are more [than 9, in this example] pages, then '... Last Page' should be added (and should always be added when the complete page list cannot be displayed).

I have also seen 'Last Page' not take me to the last page - but, to somewhere in the middle of the list instead.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Exclamation F. Y. I.

Just now I clicked on 'Last Page' of "Techie Moe's Reviews (* 1 2 3 ... Last Page)" - in The Coffee Lounge -- which sent me to page 7 of 25 --- it appears that these links are not being updated...

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRoot
    Just now I clicked on 'Last Page' of "Techie Moe's Reviews (* 1 2 3 ... Last Page)" - in The Coffee Lounge -- which sent me to page 7 of 25 --- it appears that these links are not being updated...
    Aren't these things supposed to be updated automatically? I'm just curious...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Smile

Appears to have been fixed!