Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have noticed that at times a page list like '(1 2)' will be displayed with the thread title when the number of pages available is actually more than what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Page List Errors

I have noticed that at times a page list like '(1 2)' will be displayed with the thread title when the number of pages available is actually more than what is indicated. I have seen times when, given a two page option (like above) -- I click on '2' only to find myself on page 2 of 8 - or something similar...

I realize that the page list should be automatically configured/generated based on the user's current page display settings.

Up to [some reasonable number like 9], the individual page numbers should all be listed so you can go directly to the desired page. If there are more [than 9, in this example] pages, then '... Last Page' should be added (and should always be added when the complete page list cannot be displayed).

I have also seen 'Last Page' not take me to the last page - but, to somewhere in the middle of the list instead.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Exclamation F. Y. I.

Just now I clicked on 'Last Page' of "Techie Moe's Reviews (* 1 2 3 ... Last Page)" - in The Coffee Lounge -- which sent me to page 7 of 25 --- it appears that these links are not being updated...

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRoot
    Just now I clicked on 'Last Page' of "Techie Moe's Reviews (* 1 2 3 ... Last Page)" - in The Coffee Lounge -- which sent me to page 7 of 25 --- it appears that these links are not being updated...
    Aren't these things supposed to be updated automatically? I'm just curious...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Smile

Appears to have been fixed!