Find the answer to your Linux question:
On this web page: http://www.google.com/webmasters/remove.html I found this: Need to remove content from Google's index? Google views the comprehensiveness of our search results as an extremely important priority. We're committed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Google index

On this web page:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/remove.html

I found this:

Need to remove content from Google's index?
    Google views the comprehensiveness of our search results as an extremely important priority. We're committed to providing thorough and unbiased search results for our users. We stop indexing pages of a site only at the request of the webmaster who's responsible for those pages, when it's spamming our index, or as required by law. This policy is necessary to ensure that pages aren't inappropriately removed from our index.

(emphasis by Google, not me)

- which tells me that I will not be able to accomplish this mission alone...

Core Wizard -- would you please consider contacting Google and requesting that they do whatever they can to clean up the links pointing to 'linuxforums.org' pages in the "old" format - it has been a while now, and there seems to be a lot of them still out there...

Thanks

Linux User
    No, I can not, Google will refresh its pages sooner or later, let it do it on its own, and if you are in need to search the forums, use the search tool provided to you on the forums...

OK... Just a thought... Thanks...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close