Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Am I blind, or why is there not a very clearly marked "one step" link somewhere (perhaps on the home page) to the forum rules? Did I miss something somewhere?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Forum Rules

Am I blind, or why is there not a very clearly marked "one step" link somewhere (perhaps on the home page) to the forum rules? Did I miss something somewhere?

I'd find this quite useful myself. I'm constantly having to dig around to find a link to it. Perhaps a link in the "quick links" menu would be good? I agree there should be something more visible.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I agree they should be put in one easy to find place. It's hard to get people to comply to rules they can't see.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

oz
    forum.guy
    Yes, a "Forum Rules" button on one side or the other of the "FAQ" button would be a nice addition/feature.
    oz

I just thought I wasn't seeing it, but that it was here somewhere.
    So I had to put a link to them in my sig.

There is a link to the rules at the top of each forum, but after clicking on that link, you have to copy and paste it into your address bar.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    So I had to put a link to them in my sig.
    That solves it! If we simply make sure budman7 posts often enough in all of the forums, all we have to do is find one of his posts... [edit: ozar, too!]

(Just kidding...)

Seriously - I appreciate whatever effort is put into coming up with a good solution for this -- I believe it would be good for the forums... Thanks!

oz
    forum.guy
    Yeah, I'd really like to remove it from my signature and will do so if we get a button for it, but in the interim it's handy to have it there.

oz
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Another thought... if a new button isn't feasible, maybe it would work to change the "announcement" URL that's available at the top of every forum to point directly to the forum rules.

Not quite as good as a new Forum Rules button placed on the navigation bar but better than nothing.
    oz

I simply put the link in my signiture so that i could always find it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    Another thought... if a new button isn't feasible, maybe it would work to change the "announcement" URL that's available at the top of every forum to point directly to the forum rules.

Not quite as good as a new Forum Rules button placed on the navigation bar but better than nothing.
    ok i didnt change up scientica's announcement much but i did activate the link in the announcement so that it will be easier to just click on the link in the announcement! (it always bugged me)
    I didnt want to add another announcement that gets to be a bit much.... and being that i found out that would not be possable at thought of since the link only points to the announcement ...cant be pointed elseware
    Last edited by loft306; 03-23-2006 at 10:43 AM.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks, loft306 - that definitely helps. I'm still thinking a "Forum Rules" button in the navigation bar is probably the best option if it's not too difficult to achieve. I'm guessing that only Core Wizard can provide that.

oz
    oz

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast