Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is extremely annoying and a wast of email space. Every single thread that i go to sets it up so it emails me whenever someone replies Now, i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Susbscribing me to threads without asking me

This is extremely annoying and a wast of email space.

Every single thread that i go to sets it up so it emails me whenever someone replies

Now, i have no idea why it does this. as i have never asked for it to happen. This morning i got 6 new email sent to me. I have another 13 in my inbox which i have gotten over the past couple of days. I just delete them. i do not have enough time to go to each one and un subscribe. because i know it will just re subscribe me if i go to it again. Please can anyone help me fix this problem. i might have to start setting emails from linuxforums to spam so it doesn't clog up my inbox, and i don't want to do that

oz
    forum.guy
    Yeah, that so-called feature has been a great annoyance in the past for me, too.

You'll need to go to User CP / Edit Options / Default Thread Subscription Mode ...and set it for "Do not subscribe". You might have to manually unsubscribe from the threads that are already sending you email messages, or at least I had to do so.
    oz

When you go to manually unsubscribe to each thread, go to the "list subscriptions" link.
    Put a check in the box at the top so allof the items will be checked, then click on delete.

After doing what ozar suggested.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close