Find the answer to your Linux question:
When you click the 'New Posts' button - and there are no new posts - you get a message indicating this and an option to review the previous 24 hours... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

When you click the 'New Posts' button - and there are no new posts - you get a message indicating this and an option to review the previous 24 hours... Would you please create an option for when there are new posts to continue further back in time anyway? Thank you.

There's a "Today's Posts" link in the "Quick Links" menu. Does that not do what you want?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

*That's* where that is. It's been driving me crazy - if I accidently come here in the morning, get called away, then come back, all the "new since last visit" are wiped. I haven't been able to figure out how to do a search for everything in the last XX hours without being forced to enter a search term - I tried wildcards but no go.

This is close enough - but is it possible to say "show me everything new in the last xx hours"?

DT

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    There's a "Today's Posts" link in the "Quick Links" menu. Does that not do what you want?
    OK -- thanks for the reminder about "Today's Posts" -- but, what happens if I log in just after midnight?

I have been experiencing something very similar to what DThor has described.

I understand that 'New Posts' is and should be for listing posts since you logged in. 'Today's Posts' implies posts made during the calendar day. There is nothing wrong with either of these, but it leaves "a hole for posts to fall through" -- if you log in just after the time of the day change, you loose the 'Today's Posts' - and if someone posts (just one time) before you go to 'New Posts', you loose everything that would have been available if that [at least one post] had not been made (by virtue of the 'previous 24 hours' option).

If the 'previous 24 hours' option is always present in the 'New Posts' list - whether it is empty or not - you can at least access posts made before you logged in.

I also believe the "show me everything new in the last xx hours" idea is worth considering.

Another idea -- a sub-menu group of commands set at/for the last 3/6/12/24 hours...

Yeah, I see what you mean. Other forums I'm on sometimes offer "posts since you last logged in" lists, but I'm not sure about "for the last XXX hours."
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Something similar.

Hmm . . . I do not understand why I must continually log in within the hour. . . this has happened twice today (*maybe three times) since I first logged on this morning.

@jade:
    FWIIW,
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/com...c-session.html

"I know what you mean..."

The only offered solution (by anyone, to my knowledge) is to click 'Remember Me' when/as you log in...

@admins:
    Any chance you can add this feature in the user options panel - so a user can simply select it and make it 'on' by default?