Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
its under discussion, we should have a final announcement to make in a day or two...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

its under discussion, we should have a final announcement to make in a day or two

Linux Engineer
    cool.. personaly i faver the unanswerd posts category

Linux Engineer
    my vote woudl be for bumping unanswered posts after a week (or 2 days maybe) so they show up in the new posts thing again.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sounds like a great idea. At least it's an acknowledgment that the post has been read.

This would be a good idea, but not by putting a post up! Just by sending a mail to the author! I had one that i kept checking, and had no answer in about a month! But ewventually sorted it myself! But i know most don't go unanswered!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Linux Guru
    We will be implementing a system that will moved posts that have not had a reply in 72 hours to an unanswered posts section. The author of the post will be emailed when this happens. The program i am writing will also automatically move posts back once they receive a reply. Posts that have been in the unanswered posts section for more than 2 weeks will be removed, the author will again be emailed when this happens.

This will proberly take about 2-3 weeks to implement, i'll make an annoucement once its done.

Thanks,

Jason

Linux Engineer
    great stuff jasonlambert!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    We will be implementing a system that will moved posts that have not had a reply in 72 hours to an unanswered posts section.
    72 hours, that's 3 days, I think 5 days (120 hours) is better, maybe you could add a polle here "How long time should it take before post moves to unaswered section?" with the options 24. 48, 72, 96 and 120 hours.

Also, it would be good with some check pos one can check during posting "Don't auto-bump" (or something like that (that makes it look like it's not recomended to check it)).
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Linux Engineer
    how about all unanswerd posts get moved within howevermany hours or as soon as they are pushd to the next page by new posts... ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2