Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone I have a couple of questions. 1) Is there a post or a link somewhere to find out who all the current moderators are? 2) The reason I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Number of Moderators

Hey everyone I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there a post or a link somewhere to find out who all the current moderators are?

2) The reason I ask is because it seems, maybe its just me, that techiemoe is the only moderator who's around all the time. Maybe I'm mistaken but he seems to be the only one who I see on a consistent basis. It also seems lately that there have been a ton of repeat post, inappropriate posts, double posts, etc... And lord only knows that techiemoe does enough around here and he can't be an all knowing super god of the forums who sees all of these things and can correct them. I'm also aware that there is a procedure for reporting "bad" posts but this does not seem to be used all that often. So I was wondering what the regular users of this forum think and of course the mods, trusted penguins, and admins think too. I guess I'm basically suggesting that maybe we need one or two more mods to patrol the forums especially given the number of users that now come here on a daily basis. We have an incredible amount of traffic here and it may just require a little more manpower.

Let me know what you think and if I'm way off basis about the number of active mods patrolling the forums I apologize to any mod that has graciously contributed their time to keeping these forums in spectacular shape. So please don't take offense it just seems maybe more are needed.

One last thing: maybe a solution would be giving trusted penguins the ability to have some of the mod power like closing threads.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

An example of what I'm talking about can be found with this little illustration:

topic 1 topic 2 and topic 3 I'm not trying to place a specific fault on this user but this sort of exemplifies some of the posting that has been occurring somewhat frequently.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Hmm. I hadn't noticed this, but you might have a point. I'm working with Core Wizard to promote some active mods.
    Last edited by techieMoe; 06-15-2006 at 07:36 PM.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by spencerf
    it seems, maybe its just me, that techiemoe is the only moderator who's around all the time. Maybe I'm mistaken but he seems to be the only one who I see on a consistent basis. It also seems lately that there have been a ton of repeat post, inappropriate posts, double posts, etc... And lord only knows that techiemoe does enough around here
    I have exactly the same impression.

The forum has grown a lot recently, but the number of (visible) moderators has somehow followed an inverse trend.

Then again, a lot of other things did change for the best.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

yeah i have seen this also... and i must admit i have been working too much in the real world the last few months (in construction (and thus dont have all the time that i used to to mod) but this is changing again in that im hurt and am at home most of the time again.

and even if you dont see me ansawering posts i still try to get to the dupes and such.
    Last edited by loft306; 06-16-2006 at 01:27 AM.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org