Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
MS bashing doesn't really bother me personally, as the opinions expressed by users should be considered their own, but I can see where it could possibly become problematic for Core ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

MS bashing doesn't really bother me personally, as the opinions expressed by users should be considered their own, but I can see where it could possibly become problematic for Core Wizard. I'd hate to be dragged into court by Microsoft because I'm afraid I might run out of money before they would.
    oz

Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar
    This is really sad. I too have myself seen many users misspelling microsoft. You should ban these users straightaway. Then the mods should delete all the posts that may create legal problems. These basic actions will ensure smooth running.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

Please. If that were true, MS wouldn't have the time to release any product - the net is filled with anti-MS moaning. This is unrelated to any potential legal action, it's about trying to control "attitudes" and to keep a tone. I might disagree with it, but I don't think for a moment it's done in fear.

DT

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Why take the risks if you can avoid them. Tell me DThor if you owened this forum and knew its popular and MS knows about it won't you do something. And why bash MS. They make good software for people who need them. Linux is not about MS we all know that. New buddies to Linux need to be told this thing and there is only one way to tell them.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike

You're not even reading my posts - I'm not saying MS bashing is good. Re-read the thread if you're all that interested. Otherwise, just let it drop.

DT

I seriously doubt that MS will notice our little corner of the internet and consider taking action against the site.

I do not edit posts to take out the MS bashing for fear that MS will do something to this great site.
    I do it because I don't feel any OS should be bashed.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

I agree that the MS bashing could just as well be any type of destructive comments. It is just more likely that anti-MS comments will appear, there is a sad but uninformed opinion that in order to love linux, or any other operating system, you need to hate microsoft. This is simply not the case but it is evident everywhere, even with Mac users. But hey this is an "I love Linux" forum, not a "I hate Microsoft" forum, at least that is my opinion on the matter.

but loving linux involves a certain hatred of MS
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Quote Originally Posted by DThor
    You're not even reading my posts - I'm not saying MS bashing is good. Re-read the thread if you're all that interested. Otherwise, just let it drop.

DT
    I did not say that you support MS-Bashing. That is pretty much evident from ur posts. I am just saying why not be a little more careful. Just that.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike

Quote Originally Posted by ppoteete
    Microsoft has done more for the computer industry than anyone wants to admit. Their prices and tactics may be questionable at times, but the personal computer would not have the same status today without Bill Gates.
    You're right. But I always wonder how things would have turned out if Gary Kildall of Digital Research had behaved in a little more civil manner toward the IBM representatives that came to see him for an operating system for the PC. IBM only went to Bill Gates as a second choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast