Find the answer to your Linux question:
under the latest firefox build running gentoo, the edit button isn't working properly. i'm using noscript to block everything but linuxforums.org. the problem is that the save function isn't working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

broken edit

under the latest firefox build running gentoo, the edit button isn't working properly. i'm using noscript to block everything but linuxforums.org.

the problem is that the save function isn't working at all when clicked. neither is go advanced (and the other buttons i'd think as well).
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, d38dm8nw81k1ng

I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.4 (but not on Gentoo) and all the buttons seem to be working fine. Maybe it's something to do with the way the Gentoo devs setup the package.

The only other thing I can think of is to try deleting your browser cookies and cache to see if it makes a difference. If that doesn't help, you could kill Firefox, rename your hidden .mozilla file in your user directory, then restart Firefox to see if a fresh set of .mozilla files might help.

Let us know...

ozar
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    under the latest firefox build running gentoo, the edit button isn't working properly. i'm using noscript to block everything but linuxforums.org.
    Try allowing Coreroot.com with NoScript. I use it too and the two things I allow on this site are Linuxforums.org and Coreroot.com.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

nope, not working =/
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

strangely enough, it's working again =/