Find the answer to your Linux question:
perhaps a sticky should be made with guidelines on how to enable MP3 support. a different sticky can be made in each forum with guidelines appropriate for each. i just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

MP3 support

perhaps a sticky should be made with guidelines on how to enable MP3 support. a different sticky can be made in each forum with guidelines appropriate for each. i just thought of this idea after seeing 2 topics regarding mp3 support in the SuSE forum. it seems like a common question and it could keep the number of topics down or at least allow people to quickly link to the sticky in any topics.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

This doesn't seem like a bad idea. Another distro which I'm always getting complaints/questions regarding .mp3's is Ubuntu (and the rest of it's family). I find myself recommending Ubuntu to someone who would like to tryout linux only to speak with them later to get a what-bull-there's-no-.mp3-support type of answer.