Find the answer to your Linux question:
There are many threads available on this forum and most of them (if not all as in The Coffee Lounge) provide useful insight on the working of a healthy system. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar

Resolved Issues and Notification

There are many threads available on this forum and most of them (if not all as in The Coffee Lounge) provide useful insight on the working of a healthy system. Many times people read earlier posts and want to beforehand if that issue was resolved when the "thread poster" followed the suggestions that were given to him. Can you encorporate a feature by which the thread starter can change the status of the thread to resolved. If there is nothing that can be done then indeed people should be encouraged to post a small followup (I know its in the Forum Introduction Book but that does not seem to work). At my hand I do this whenever I post a query and encourage the thread poster to do so when I answer one.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, apoorv_khurasia

We discussed this in another thread a few months back. Core Wizard is working on making an option to allow users to easily mark their threads solved. You can read more about it here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/com...-iniative.html
    oz

Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar
    I am happy to know that it is under consideration. Keep up the good work everyone. Good Luck!!!
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close