Find the answer to your Linux question:
One of the things I want to do on my website, when I get to it, is to list websites I frequent and organizations I like, with a few lines ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Icon for my web site

One of the things I want to do on my website, when I get to it, is to list websites I frequent and organizations I like, with a few lines of explanation. It would be nice to include links with logo images for each one.

I could use the logo.gif image displayed at the top of this website, but is that acceptable?

Is there a different image available? Is someone planning on making one for this purpose?

In addition, someone might want to make one of those cute little 80x15 stickers that are popping up all over. Look at these for Firefox, PHP and my site. Don't they just make you want to click them? Many regulars here who have a website would put one on their sites for LinuxForums if it existed.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJackson
    One of the things I want to do on my website, when I get to it, is to list websites I frequent and organizations I like, with a few lines of explanation. It would be nice to include links with logo images for each one.

I could use the logo.gif image displayed at the top of this website, but is that acceptable?

Is there a different image available? Is someone planning on making one for this purpose?

In addition, someone might want to make one of those cute little 80x15 stickers that are popping up all over. Look at these for Firefox, PHP and my site. Don't they just make you want to click them? Many regulars here who have a website would put one on their sites for LinuxForums if it existed.

those kind of icons aren't so hard to build. You can use GIMP in just mere minutes. I don't think anyone will prohibit the usage of linuxforums logo since you're promoting this site.

oz
    forum.guy
    I don't remember ever seeing any "official" 80 x 15 buttons for the current site, but maybe Core Wizard will correct me if that's wrong.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    those kind of icons aren't so hard to build. You can use GIMP in just mere minutes.
    Yes, I could.

But it was a suggestion about how this site could promote itself with the willing help of fans. It would be better to have an official image promoted by the site management than to have someone else generate an unofficial image, or multiple similar images.

Ideally, it would have a minature version of the penguin in the logo and look kind of like the firefox image. The hard part will be fitting "LinuxForums" in such a small space.

I figured I would propose the issue and see if anything happens. If not, maybe I would give it a shot and post it here. I'm not a graphic artist by any means, although I did make the one for my site.

OK, here's my entry. What do you think?

Grab it and put it on your site.

BTW, I didn't use the Gimp. I used ImageMagic to crop, scale and convert and the emacs text editor to modify the XPM graphics format.