Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I find that the admins and moderators here are very quick to lock or delete threads for no significant reason....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Open source community not that open

I find that the admins and moderators here are very quick to lock or delete threads for no significant reason.

oz
    forum.guy
    bigtomrodney deleted your Coffee Lounge thread because it's in violation of the forum rules:

Race, religion or hate related posts - Please don't post such things at Linux Forums. There are plenty of discussion boards on the net for that sort of thing; LinuxForums is not one of them.
    I was about to delete it myself.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by dark_flame
    I find that the admins and moderators here are very quick to lock or delete threads for no significant reason.
    i dont agree with you.. i never found any thread locked or deleted without any reason... atleast in this forum.....

moderators always specify the reason of locking.......

<=== { casper } ===>
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    bigtomrodney deleted your Coffee Lounge thread because it's in violation of the forum rules:

I was about to delete it myself.
    What's wrong with posting about race and religion?

oz
    forum.guy
    Threads related to those subjects cause too many flames and bitter feelings between posters, hence the rule prohibiting them. Those subjects are better placed on a board that was meant for that purpose.
    oz

Banned
    Yeah but I fine people should be mature enough to respond in a point for for point rational arguement instead of flaming. I understand what you are saying by post it on a forum meant for it though.

Linux Guru
    As mentioned there are more appropriate places for religious/poilitical threads than a linux forum. Whether or not that is true it is clearly stated in the rules that this type of post is frowned upon. As I said when I contacted you - thread deletion is not personal, it is based on the nature of the thread in question.

The rules exist for a reason. This forum is meant to be a place where people get help for Linux problems, nothing more and nothing less. The subjects banned in the rules are there because they have nothing to do with that purpose and cause problems among the community whenever they are brought up. If you have a specific grievance about a thread that was locked and would like to know the exact reason (I try to state that on the actual thread when I lock them) you're free to message the moderator who locked it. As said before, thread locking and/or deletion is nothing personal. We have rules and it's the job of the moderators to enforce them.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Take a look at the users here. Many here are below age 20 (or even age 15!) and (sorry my friends, no offense intended) probably lack some "wisdom/maturity" to discuss these things without getting personal imho.

Furthermore, this is primarily a tech-help board, not a "let's discuss politics" board. As said, there are enough other boards available that serve this purpose and you should perhaps join them if you are so keen on discussing politics.
    Windows free since 2002 | computing since 1984

oz
    forum.guy
    It be wonderful if we could come up with a set of rules that would satisfy everyone, but unfortunately that will never happen. While very much needed to maintain order, rules always manage to get in the way of what someone wants to do.
    oz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast