Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
LinuxForums.org Design-a-Logo Competition Linux Forums Dot Org are holding a logo design competition. All you have to do to enter is design a logo that linuxforums.org can use as the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Design-a-Logo Competition

LinuxForums.org Design-a-Logo Competition

Linux Forums Dot Org are holding a logo design competition. All you have to do to enter is design a logo that linuxforums.org can use as the offical site logo.

What is the prize?
    The prize is 2 brand new linux books, which the winner can select from the following titles:

Beginning Linux Programmming 3rd Edition
    The Official Samba 3 How to & Reference Guide
    Linux For Dummies Book/CD Package 5th Edition
    Red Hat Linux 9 Bible Book/CD Package
    Red Hat Linux Fedora Bible Book/CD Package
    Managing Linux Systems With Webmin
    Linux & the UNIX Philosophy
    Linux Shell Script Programming Book/CD Package
    PHP & MySQL Web Development Book/CD Package 2nd Edition
    Apache: The Definitive Guide 3rd Edition

What are the image specifications?
    1. A high resolution image covering no more than 800pixels (width) by 240 pixels (height).
    2. Must contain the phrase "Linux Forums"
    3. Must be scalable to approximatly 400x120 pixels for the website
    4. File format should be any common image format (gif, png, psd, etc etc), with the execption of jpeg (.jpg) and bitmap (.bmp) please

Who can enter?
    Any registered member of Linuxforums.org can enter, regardless of post count, or length of membership here. Forum moderators and developers can also enter.I (jasonlambert) cannot enter.

When do i need to submit my designs by?
    The Closing date is: midday GMT On Sunday 21 of March.
    Late submissions will not be accepted, so ensure you send in your submission early, and that your submission is confirmed before the closing date.

How many designs may i submit?
    Each applicant may submit a minimum of 1 design, and a maximum of 3 designs.

How do i submit my designs?
    Once you have read, and agreed to everything in this post, please email your designs to jasonlambert1@yahoo.com, remembering to include your forum username in the body of the mail message. Your submission will be confirmed as submitted by return email. If possible, please zip your files using gzip before sending, especially if they are big file size.

What happens if i am selected as the winner?
    I will contact you via the same email address used to submit the winning design or Private Message to confirm your choice of prize and delivery details. Once confirmed, prize should be dispatched within 72 hours, please allow 28 days for delivery.

Terms of entry:
    1. You agree that the winning design will become the property of linuxforums.org. you agree we may do with it as we see fit, including by not limited to, modification, use on this website, on other websites and use on promotional goods.
    2. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure there submission has been accepted. Submissions should be confirmed via return email within 24 hours. I can be contacted via Private message in case of email difficulty.
    3. Your submission must be received and confirmed before midday GMT On Sunday 21 of March.
    4. No cash alternatives will be offered.

Any questions please post below

Jason

No questions just pissed i dont know gfx Great prize though i would chose Beginning Linux Programmming 3rd Edition and The Official Samba 3 How to & Reference Guide .

Linux Engineer
    Cool! I will start immideatly. good luck to all who enter this comp and may the best man (me) win!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Linux Guru
    We've lots of interest in and also had pretty good submissions so far..

It would also be interesting to see what people come up with in terms of "Non-standard" tux'es in the logo as well..

If anyone wants to replace one of their submitted designs please do, when you mail me your new submission, just say which one you would like to replace.

Jason

Just Joined!
    feel free to use my seizuretux in your logo http://www.cloo.me.uk/images/comp/seizure.gif

Linux Engineer
    here is my fisrt submission.

www.variant.me.uk/images/LF-Comp.jpg

it is the work of many hours.. you can expect more from me in the coming days. Live In Fe4R.

Quote Originally Posted by variant
    here is my fisrt submission.

www.variant.me.uk/images/LF-Comp.jpg

it is the work of many hours.. you can expect more from me in the coming days. Live In Fe4R.
    GAH! My eyes!

:P

Kriss

Linux Guru
    >Bump<

Getting to just 10 days left now, some more submissions would be nice.

Keep them coming in....

If we dont feel any of the submissions are suitable, then there is no winner..

Jason

Linux Guru
    ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast