Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I don't know if this is put in the proper place or not. I usually log onto linuxforums something like 4-5 times a day and each time I do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar

Password Remember

Hi

I don't know if this is put in the proper place or not.

I usually log onto linuxforums something like 4-5 times a day and each time I do so it asks my login and password which I find very annoying. Since I use a PC to access the net I think its safe enough to store password info in the browser but no such option appears (Firefox does not ask me to remember the password). Also the option "remember me" does not seem to help/work.

Any suggestion / info? Thanks in advance.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

When logging in there is a check box to "remember me" That way u dont even have to go through the logon process, which is only as secure as having the browser remember your logon details. in fact, more secure IMO since that way any other user visiting the site wont see how long yur password is
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

'remember me?' should work. konqueror and Firefox do remember passwords. after clicking on 'remember me?', Konqueror and FireFox never asked me for password again. check browser's settings. cookies should be enabled. you can specify 'linuxforums.org' in Exceptions. if you clear 'Private Data' then stored passwords will be erased.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar
    Ya I tried that including the cookie thing but that does not seem to work. Since I face this problem with Yahoo! also, I was wondering if there are some web-pages that do not allow this. I am not sure.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

its not a web-page problem. passwords of Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail and all other sites, wherever i have to enter password, are stored and rememberd by my browser. ( both Konqueror/FireFox).
    one thing is sure, it has to do with 'Private Data clearing'. i will play with it and let you know...

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First