Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can you give us more time before it logs us out? I have been logged out replying to a post. I didn't re-write the post because it was too long ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

More time???

Can you give us more time before it logs us out? I have been logged out replying to a post. I didn't re-write the post because it was too long and invovled, but sometimes I need more time to write equations or something to help people.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

LinuxForums does not end sessions. while logging in, check 'Remember Me?' checkbox near Login Textbox. Cookies must be enabled.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

also you could "undo" yout text by pressing ctrl-z.

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    LinuxForums does not end sessions. while logging in, check 'Remember Me?' checkbox near Login Textbox. Cookies must be enabled.

casper
    If I click remember me then I won't have a login anymore right? I don't want that.

It does log me out after like 5 mins of idle. That is not enough time. Sometimes I research my replies.

I don't understand the reply about "undo" Sorry.

I have this exact board on my website and I changed the user time to at least 1/2 hour. I know it can be done.
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

If I click remember me then I won't have a login anymore right? I don't want that.
    Of coure you will still have one. Imagine "Remember me" like this: it's like you log in normally but it does not logout you after 5 minutes of activity.

You can still use logout option and you will be logged out forever till you login again.