Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, me and my friend goto the same school and same ip adress. He is planning on coming here and making trouble, he is planning on making an ohter account ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned
    By my Gat and [modded] PSP listening to Gangsta Rap

Spam...

Okay, me and my friend goto the same school and same ip adress. He is planning on coming here and making trouble, he is planning on making an ohter account and spamming and trying to get us both banned in a suicide. Since he doesnt use this site he wont care about the ban but I do!! Wat should I do??

Could you post up that IP address? Steps can be taken to block it. Oh, and its unlikely that he'll be able to cause much trouble, the contributors are quite sensible and mature here.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Banned
    If u block his IP u block mine too!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    And the problem with this is...?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff
    And the problem with this is...?
    He's gonna pretend to me me and get the IP blocked!

Linux User
    We ban people per user account, not by IP, IP bans are rather rare. His account would be banned if he were to cause trouble, not his IP.

Banned
    He just makes new account until IP banning is the only choice!! Unless u can ban so at my schools ip u can post with a current account but not make news ones..

He will be bored after a while ... I'm sure
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Banned
    U duuno, last forum he came into we both got banned, so I did the same thing to him, I actied like we had a plan to spam, I poasted an add to my forum and they thougt realg187 and andytbaseball were the same people, so both account went!!

Quote Originally Posted by realg187
    U duuno, last forum he came into we both got banned, so I did the same thing to him, I actied like we had a plan to spam, I poasted an add to my forum and they thougt realg187 and andytbaseball were the same people, so both account went!!
    If you don't want someone to play spam banning games, why do you encourage him by playing along? We know you're not the same person, and we don't ban by IP. If he keeps creating new accounts and spamming he'll keep getting those accounts banned. He'll eventually get bored and stop. I have a lot of patience.

I don't see this topic going anywhere so I'm going to close it. Realg187, if you see your "friend" spamming, report it immediately and it will be handled. If you play along and spam as well, however, you will be banned along with him. We have a zero tolerance policy for that sort of thing. Now let's all move along.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants