Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there an option to change the date format displayed in the thread? Currently its set to the American standard which confuses some of us, so it would be nice ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar

Date format

Is there an option to change the date format displayed in the thread? Currently its set to the American standard which confuses some of us, so it would be nice to have the option to see how the date is displayed. If its already possible to change the date format, my apologies for starting this thread and would appreciate it if someone can show me how to change it to DD/MM/YYYY. Cheers.

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm pretty sure that only Core Wizard has the powers needed to fix/change the date format. From what I can gather by looking at this thread, he would need to add another language so that users have a choice of format:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187510
    oz

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by daark.child
    Is there an option to change the date format displayed in the thread? Currently its set to the American standard which confuses some of us, so it would be nice to have the option to see how the date is displayed. If its already possible to change the date format, my apologies for starting this thread and would appreciate it if someone can show me how to change it to DD/MM/YYYY. Cheers.
    Yes.it would be nice to provide option to choose the date format.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

<joke> Or you could just learn how to use the USA format..... and everyone else should give up metric units.</joke>
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    <joke> Or you could just learn how to use the USA format..... and everyone else should give up metric units.</joke>
    You joke, but I always found the metric system to make more sense when we studied it in school. I actually wouldn't mind a nationwide swap.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants