Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I have only just joined. On initial registering I did'nt understand what 'distro' meant & so just left it blank. Once I had lurked around & read some of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I have only just joined. On initial registering I did'nt understand what 'distro' meant & so just left it blank. Once I had lurked around & read some of the forums I went back & put in my Linux distro.

Possibly for technical questions from newbies like me you could have a 'newbie tech question' intro page where I could enter the sort of details about my HW & SW setup that would be useful to anybody answering. This would be a standard sort of Q & A form entry dialogue, possibly including drop downs etc, to make it easier to use. I think the answers you would get would be more use than the different ways people describe things.

I like what I have seen of this site so far (only 4 hrs, but not full of rtfm arrogance).

Also love some of the comments about Bill & his Wintel Empire.

Bazza

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by barryf
    Possibly for technical questions from newbies like me you could have a 'newbie tech question' intro page where I could enter the sort of details about my HW & SW setup that would be useful to anybody answering. This would be a standard sort of Q & A form entry dialogue, possibly including drop downs etc, to make it easier to use. I think the answers you would get would be more use than the different ways people describe things.
    I think that is quite a good idea

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by variant
    I like the current solution of the text in the posting page!
    I didn't even notice that text untill I saw this thread... The text is even smaller than the "attach sig" etc... boxes. I do think it is a good idea, maybe it should be a little more noticable. Not to the extreme of neon-green noticable :P but maybe just a bit bigger, or maybe change the bolded text color.

I like posts that have [subtopic]main topic, example:

[slackware10] How to change WM?

I would personally find that more usefull than "distro" under the persons name. It would also help if you are searching, since I don't think profiles are included in thread searches.
    --monkey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2