Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, By mistake i posted a thread "favorite quotes" Comments/Feedback section....is it possible to move the thread to The Coffee Lounge And i want to know to delete a thread? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question how to delete or move thread?

Hi,
    By mistake i posted a thread "favorite quotes" Comments/Feedback section....is it possible to move the thread to
    The Coffee Lounge
    And i want to know to delete a thread?
    Thx.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Moved it. I'm not sure if regular users can delete/move threads. I have a menu at the top of the first post of each thread called "Thread Options" that has selections for deleting and moving threads.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    A user might be able to delete his/her own thread if nobody has posted after the original post, but I'm not sure. Otherwise, I think only admins/mods can delete them.

Regarding "moving" threads... it could turn into an administration nightmare if any member were able to move threads from forum to forum.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    A user might be able to delete his/her own thread if nobody has posted after the original post, but I'm not sure. Otherwise, I think only admins/mods can delete them.
    nope. users can't delete their threads even if nobody reply.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    thanks for letting us know, casper...
    oz

Smile

Thanks techieMoe for moving the thread and Thanks ozar and devils_casper for your informations
    Yes its true it will be nightmare for admin,if users provided the option of moving thread ....they may move someone else thread
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    All the procedures of moving or deleting the threads should be just up to the forum management team as giving these rights to the users might create a lot of hassles for everyone at the forums.
    Only the authority of editing the users own posts should be given to them in order for the rectification of the posts made by them which would also help in making the posts better through out the forums.