Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. About 10 months ago in http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/com...tml#post326855 , I mentioned that the forum response seemed slow. It appears to have gotten that way again lately; occasionally it's so slow that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris

LF seems to have gotten sluggish

Hi.

About 10 months ago in http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/com...tml#post326855 , I mentioned that the forum response seemed slow. It appears to have gotten that way again lately; occasionally it's so slow that I just give up, and move on.

I read perhaps 6 different forums each day, LF, LQ, JL, Debian, etc. and LF is definitely sluggish, especially on searches, and displaying anything that seems "new". For example, it just now took 9 seconds to go from clicking Preview to seeing the display, which is much slower than I had been used to -- albeit that is subjective, I know. I think it started within the last 2 weeks.

Anything odd happen in that time frame? ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, drl:

I've been noticing the same thing and discussing the matter with Core Wizard. He said earlier today that he's checking into the problem. For me, it's been intermittent with things moving fast for an hour or two, then slowing to a crawl for hours.

oz
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Hey, drl...

LinuxForums.org has been running faster for me the last few days. Hopefully, things are back up to speed for you as well.

oz
    oz

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi.

Yes, it is definitely more responsive. Thanks for the followup ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Just Joined!
    And the fast response time is still continuing I guess which everyone can witness here.