Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by CodeRoot Make sense? It's real simple... Why hasn't/wasn't this incorporated into...??? "DUH!!!" By the way, this was not aimed at anyone at linuxforums.org, but rather, the world ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRoot
    Make sense? It's real simple... Why hasn't/wasn't this incorporated into...???

"DUH!!!"
    By the way, this was not aimed at anyone at linuxforums.org, but rather, the world at large - whoever created these things -- I figure somebody somewhere along the way should have done better than this...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRoot
    By the way, this was not aimed at anyone at linuxforums.org, but rather, the world at large - whoever created these things -- I figure somebody somewhere along the way should have done better than this...
    yeah you are right as there is always room for improvement in whatever is done by anyone and hopefully it'll get better and more user friendly with time.

i think i see where coderoot and TM are coming from, but i think CR's first point was best. enforce the smileys to be encapsulated by spaces. kopete works exactly like this, which saves a lot of hassle (as opposed to standard MSN Messenger, which doesn't). although this does get annoying with users not encapsulating their custom smileys with spaces, thus it's impossible to know what they're expressing. however i'm sure that this problem won't be noticed on this forum, since i expect most users to be intelligent enough to pick this up quickly
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2