Find the answer to your Linux question:
Would a forum for bootloader questions be worth the while? I see that a few people are asking questions about the bootloader, and there's not really a specific area for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

New Forum Suggestion.

Would a forum for bootloader questions be worth the while? I see that a few people are asking questions about the bootloader, and there's not really a specific area for it, it's not really a linux app, editing it wouldn't come under Installation.

Just a thought.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Linux User
    There is no need for something as specific is that, people not being able to configure lilo or grub should go to Newbie forum.

Just Joined!
    Most Newbie distros already pre fabricate their grubs and lilos for their users, problem just arises when n00bs tinker with it eh eh or try to install Gentoo but thats why theres the Gentoo Handbook and rum and coke

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    fair enough! It was only a suggestion. didn't know how relevant it would be.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

dt2
    Just Joined!
    I actually think it's a good idea. As a newbie with lots of questions about dual-booting XP and Linux, for example, it would be very helpful to have a centralized resource for this type of thing.

Or at least a sticky on the Newbie and/or Installation forums with links to HOWTOs and other pages describing main solutions. If you end up doing that and need a few links to get you started, let me know.

Just my $0.02.

But there is only a limited amout of questions you could ask so I agree they should go in newbie.