Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. When I logged in this morning, the forum said there were hundreds of new messages since the last time I logged in. Although my subscribed threads list seems to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris

Lost ownership of posts

Hi.

When I logged in this morning, the forum said there were hundreds of new messages since the last time I logged in.

Although my subscribed threads list seems to be intact, none of my posts allow me to edit them, and the icon that indicates that I have subscribed to any thread is missing. It's as if there is a missing connection between my forum identity and the posts to which I have subscribed.

There may be other anomalies, but this is what I've seen so far ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, drl

I found the same thing when I first logged in this morning. I'm not sure what has happened to cause this, but I'll make sure Core Wizard knows about it.

Thanks for the feedback.

oz
    oz

drl
    Hi.

This is still partially broken for me. None of my previous posts display the EDIT button, although this new post does ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.

oz
    forum.guy
    Sorry, I know they are still working on this and a few other things, but I'm not sure when it'll be fixed. I send them another reminder.
    oz

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by drl View Post
    Hi.

This is still partially broken for me. None of my previous posts display the EDIT button, although this new post does ... cheers, drl
    You can now only edit your post a certain amount of time after you've posted it, if it's been a day or so that you've posted, you will not be able to go back and edit your post, this is to make sure that people wouldn't keep changing what they wrote, and if they have something else to say, they can say it in another post...

Quote Originally Posted by Core Wizard
    You can now only edit your post a certain amount of time after you've posted it, if it's been a day or so that you've posted, you will not be able to go back and edit your post, this is to make sure that people wouldn't keep changing what they wrote, and if they have something else to say, they can say it in another post...
    a few users used to edit their posts after a few days, no timestamp or reason and it was very confusing.
    thanx for fixing it !
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

drl
    Hi.

Thanks for the explanation on the EDIT button. I can see the utility in that.

What about the subscribed-to icon? That appeared under the ratings column in the sub-forum list of topics.

Also, this post, for example, did not appear in the list produced by clicking the New Posts menu button ... cheers, drl

( edit 1: describe results of New Post )

Thread marked as 'read' doesn't appear in New Posts page.
    if anyone posts a new message in the thread, it will re-appear in New Posts page and it will disappear again after viewing that thread.

* Admins are working on fixing Subscribed-to Icon problem.
    Last edited by devils casper; 05-10-2007 at 11:29 AM.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First