Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I have been on Linux Forums for almost a week now, which is the longest I've ever stayed active on a forum. Why? Because most forums are just a conglomeration ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

friendliest forum

I have been on Linux Forums for almost a week now, which is the longest I've ever stayed active on a forum. Why? Because most forums are just a conglomeration of spam, ads, flame wars, and useless info, and somewhere sandwiched in between all of that might be a tiny morsel of information. You get flamed for asking a question that was asked two years ago and can only be found by going back to archive page 2000 because they don't have a search utility. The environment here is totally different. There is no hostility. Instead hospitality. This is in part because of the Moderators and Admins, doing a good job keeping things clean, but it is mainly because of the users. So I just want to say thank you Linux Forums, and keep up the great work!
    -lakerdonald

Linux Newbie
    I second that opinion. This is, IMHO the best Linux forum out there.

That's why where are all here because this is the nicest linux forum on the net!!
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I couldn't agree more.

Some of those forums out there are just plain rude.

This site rocks!!

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

thanks for the great comments about the forums guys
    its great to know that ppl enjoy thems selves here
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Newbie

Re: friendliest forum

Some forums that i've been on have crappy admins and moderators because they are ignorant and just wont listen to you, also they delete posts that had no reason to be deleted. The admin and moderators are good here though

Just Joined!

Thats right

I must agree with all of you ppl.

This is a great forum...

None is trying to be better than other, just to learn helping and posting opinios and ideas...

I think that this must be the better way to get GNU/Linux and open source concepts to rocks for long long years in the future.

Keep working and there will be a reason for us to stay...

Just Joined!

Linux Forums - Nice places to visit

I've been looking into using Linux in order to get away from the viruses that seem to plague MS WIndows on an hourly basis. These viruses have cost me dearly while operating my internet business over the past several years. I think Linux will reduce the security and virus problems by about 90%. The Linux Forums are a nice place to to visit and help me overcome the difficulties I have had over the years.

During the past several days since I've become active in the Linux forums, I have seen nothing but a very positive outpouring of assistance from those who truly want to help. In these days an times, I am very happy to see there are so many nice individuals from around the world offering their advice, experience and knowledge. I plan to continue using this forum to answer my questions and seek the valuable assistance from the many who are more than willing to help.

To those who have responded to my posts during the past two or three days, I must offer my deepest thanks and appreciation.

i wholeheartedly agree with you, and that's what drove me to start this thread, to thank everybody on linuxforums.org for the great job they've done with everything!
    -lakerdonald

Linux Newbie
    Agreed. LFO is the best Linux forum I have been to. This place really helped me start up on Linux, and is a great place to go if I need any help. The members and staff here are great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast