Find the answer to your Linux question:
Please remove word-filtering. If I want to say my os is *****ing (female dog -ing) at me I have the right to say it, without ***** ending up in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Practical Changes request

Please remove word-filtering. If I want to say my os is *****ing (female dog -ing) at me I have the right to say it, without ***** ending up in the way.

--
    Militant supporter of Free Speech

Linux user 439038 | Ubuntu user 20892

I strongly disagree.
    if a distro doesn't work for you then try another. nobody is forcing you to stick with any distro. you free to use any.
    Free Speech doesn't mean that you are allowed to say disparaging remarks for any distro or person.
    Quote Originally Posted by x1a4
    I second that
    no wonder. both of you are posting from same IP address.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    I strongly disagree.
    if a distro doesn't work for you then try another. nobody is forcing you to stick with any distro. you free to use any.
    whatever.

Free Speech doesn't mean that you are allowed to say disparaging remarks for any distro or person.
    a) Yes it does!
    b) If I want to say my system is *****ing at me while seeking advice on how to improve things, I have that right.
    c) Where did you see me write disparaging remarks about my Linux? --I know I sure as hell didn't write any.

no wonder. both of you are posting from same IP address. ;)
    On this Information System, 5 IP addresses are assigned to a particular router, which is connected to multiple workstations which in turn run multiple X sessions. A number of people are using this system for various reasons. Two have joined linuxforums.org.
    Linux user 439038 | Ubuntu user 20892

b) If I want to say my system is *****ing at me while seeking advice on how to improve things, I have that right.
    as i mentioned earlier, I disagree. we dont allow this.
    c) Where did you see me write disparaging remarks about my Linux? --I know I sure as hell didn't write any.
    i replied to dominator22's post and quoted your post separately.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    I agree totally with devils_casper.

This board is privately owned and is not a public entity so freedom of speech does not apply here. The board owner has every right to filter all threads, posts, and wording as he sees fit. Individual users have no rights other than those granted by the board owner.

We have users of all ages that frequent these forums and those that are of a very young age will not be subjected to just anything that other users want to dish out.

Please feel free to continue posting here, but in a more restrained manner, or do your posting on another forum.

oz
    oz