Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I was just trying to add an avatar to my profile, and I was able to upload the avatar, but for some reason it doesn't display. After playing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't view my public profile

Hi everyone,

I was just trying to add an avatar to my profile, and I was able to upload the avatar, but for some reason it doesn't display.

After playing with if a little and trying to view my public profile, I realized that while my screen name is <-Jeremy-> it is not possible to view my public profile, it takes me to Jeremy profile (note the lack of <- and -> ). As far as I can conclude, the engine in the background that displays the avatar pics is probably taking it from the other jeremy profile.

Is there any way to correct this? Aside from the annoyance of not showing my avatar pic, I would like the link to my public profile to be a link to MY public profile.

Thanks
    Jeremy
    (The <-Jeremy->, not the other one )

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, Jeremy

I've seen this happen before and think it has something to do with the extra characters in the username. Only Core Wizard (board admin) can fix it if it can be fixed at all. It might require a different username to fix.

Let's see what Core Wizard has to say about it.

oz
    oz

Just Joined!
    While I am kind of adverse to recreating a new user name (so hard to find one not already taken), although I expected as much once I realized it was pointing to the other account.

Considering that I doubt the Core Wizard will be able to rectify the situation (as I expect there is an underlying dilemma of the board not recognizing the special characters), I suppose I can create a new account. However, I can only have 1 account pointing to an email address. I have 7 email accounts, however there is only 1 (sometimes 2) that I use for forums and would like to keep it that way.

Bottom line, is there any way to have my account deleted, thereby freeing up my email address so that I can continue to use my same account?

I know I can work around it, such as logging into my existing account, putting a dummy email address in, and that would free it up, but I don't really want to do that, plus I don't think you guys want me to do that either .

Please let me know how I can go about resolving this. As far as I can tell, there is no way that a user can terminate their own account. At least not that I can find.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Yes, only forum administrators can delete user accounts.

The better way to do it might be to allow Core Wizard to change your username of the current account. I know he doesn't want to get in the habit of changing user names, but in this case I think if you'll send him a private message referencing this thread and the username you wish to use, he can make the requested changes and you'll be all set.

oz
    oz

Thanks Ozar, I'll do that.

Jeremy