Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm a writer and I use Linux. A little over a week ago, I followed the link at the top of the page, and sent an email to editors@coreroot.com ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Writing for Linux Forums

Hello, I'm a writer and I use Linux. A little over a week ago, I followed the link at the top of the page, and sent an email to editors@coreroot.com with a short bio and an example of my writing, like the page linked to said. I haven't received an answer back, though. Does this mean that I've been rejected? Or did the email just not go through? Or do the editors not check their email very often? Or do these things just take time?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, mkeller, and welcome to LinuxForums.org!

I'm sorry you've not heard anything back yet.

I do know that Core Wizard checks the incoming messages, but I'm not sure how far behind he might be in responding to them at the current time. Could you please give him another week or two, and if you haven't heard back, you might want to send him a PM requesting the status of your submission.

Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback.

oz
    oz

Just Joined!
    Okay, thanks, ozar! I'll do as you suggested.

I also sent an application quite a while ago (a 3-4 months at least) and haven't received anything back yet....

I've always been curious about the writing thing. I am a non-fiction writer, so I don't mind writing technical manuals. However, I have been curious about what this website would expect from a hired writer. Also, would the employers really pay $100 for an article? For what I know, writers and editors do not typically earn such amounts for one article.

oz
    forum.guy
    Sorry, unchiujar and Agent-X, but you'll need to confer directly with Core Wizard regarding your questions because I'm unable to answer either of them. You can click on the PM link above to send Core Wizard a private message.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

oz
    oz