Job Opportunity - Wiki Administrator x 1
Linuxforums.org has a voluntary job opportunity for 1 wiki Administrator. The wiki Administrator will take responsibility for development and overall direction setting for the linuxforums wiki.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- To take charge of all things wiki related, which may include :-
- To think about, plan and then create a suitable structure for wiki content
- To develop suitable policies for editing content
- To deny access to the wiki for those that abuse the wiki
- To be a central point of contact for wiki users for new ideas and in case of problems
- To promote the linuxforums wiki within the forums and externally where necessary
- Make forum members aware of things happening with the wiki
- If the selected administrator possesses PHP knowledge then may also have responsibility for maintaining and developing wiki code, including intergration with forum authentication database if necessary.
The right candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Knowledge/experience of wiki systems
- Analytical mind - ability to plan ahead where necessary
- Be self motivated and able to work on own initive
In addition, the following skills are desirable, but not essential:
- Good knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of Mediawiki code internals a definate plus
- Experience of wiki administration an advantage
This is an unpaid voluntary position and may involve upto 5 hour avg of work each week, The first few weeks will involve slightly more. If you cannot offer that amount of time please do not apply. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to create assistant administrator role if they feel it to be necessary.
If you are interested in applying for this position please PM jasonlambert or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying for this position, please include details of how you meet the essential skills outlined above, and also include details of how you meet or exceed the desirable skills if applicable.