Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an AMD X2 processor with a Nvidia 8600 gts graphics card. I have Ubuntu linux. I am attempting to install Call of Duty 2 with wine but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Call of Duty 2, wine, and alpha blending

I have an AMD X2 processor with a Nvidia 8600 gts graphics card. I have Ubuntu linux. I am attempting to install Call of Duty 2 with wine but when I try to play it I get an error that my video card does not support Alpha Blending. Is there any way I can check the alpha blending thing, or is there any way to get CoD2 to play in linux? I am fairly new to linux and went with Ubunto Feisty Faun because it was free and convinient. Is there a better version of Linux for running windows games?

The game says that in my WinXP Pro too.And don't care.I'm new in Linux too

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by travislhendrix View Post
    I have an AMD X2 processor with a Nvidia 8600 gts graphics card. I have Ubuntu linux. I am attempting to install Call of Duty 2 with wine but when I try to play it I get an error that my video card does not support Alpha Blending. Is there any way I can check the alpha blending thing, or is there any way to get CoD2 to play in linux? I am fairly new to linux and went with Ubunto Feisty Faun because it was free and convinient. Is there a better version of Linux for running windows games?
    Are you using the nvidia drivers or are you using the open source ones?
    Code:
    # glxinfo | grep vendor
    server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
    client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation