Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by flipjargendy Me too! I loved that game... One day, I did a search in the packages for "games" and the name caught my attention. When I read ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by flipjargendy View Post
    Me too! I loved that game... One day, I did a search in the packages for "games" and the name caught my attention. When I read the description I had to play it. I beat it, it was very satisfying. I love old style games like that... I grew up playing Police Quest... the first one. I still play it now and then. I wish there were more games out there like that.
    Another free point-and-click adventure I enjoyed (which was included with SuSE 9.3 if I remember correctly) was Flight of the Amazon Queen. I believe it's a freeware game played using ScummVM. The visuals are up there with most of the LucasArts games from back in the day.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Woah! Looking at the screen shot of that game brought back the memory of playing Homie Da Clown... I wonder if I could find it though... I can't even find anything on it on Google or Wikipedia.

Another suggestion for Linux games is BZFlag... a tank game, sort of a FPS. Very addicting.
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206

thanks

thanks for your replies

Thumbs up

I found this article pointing to some free games for Linux:

[ originally spotted on linuxtoday.com ]

http://www2.linuxjournal.com/node/1000435

Nice screenshots. I am not a gamer, but those look cool enough that I might just take 'em for a run.

For all you FreeBSD users who hang around these forums (ha), I'd add that all but two of the games listed there are available in Ports.

if online first person shooters are your knida thing, then i'd recommend checking out warsow -http://www.warsow.net its fast, really stylised and runs on old hardware as well as new. alien arena is supposed to be really good as well
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Linux Guru
    Another one for the list is UrbanTerror. It's kind of a CS knockoff. Graphics look great in stills but not as well when running. Still though it's a good game and worth a look.

http://www.urbanterror.net/

Just Joined!
    any1 got any game like eve but free? and not veg strike cause itt doesnt work 4 me...i dont know y

Does Counter Strike: Source work or would i need an emulator?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch009 View Post
    Does Counter Strike: Source work or would i need an emulator?
    Any Valve game will definitely not run on Linux without WINE or Cedega. Valve refuses to release a Linux version of any of their clients, although they're perfectly happy to create headless Linux servers for their MS Windows clients.

If you have any questions on how to get that working, please start your own thread in the WINE section of the forum.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2