Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
It's very difficult to play as the alien guys. I usually don't last long as you need to make contact with a human to hurt them or at least until ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

It's very difficult to play as the alien guys. I usually don't last long as you need to make contact with a human to hurt them or at least until you evolve to a more powerful alien. I think it's pretty hard for both sides. Also walking on walls (toggled with 'c') can be very disorienting.

The main thing is that I find people playing as Aliens tend to favour attacking whereas playing as human people tend to focus on building and upgrading. Certainly the Aliens win more for that fact alone. Though it is great fun to upgrade to a battlesuit and chaingun and run rampage. I have played some good 45 minute games where both the Alien and Human teams are very well kitted out, are both large in numbers and it comes down to sheer persistence in attack.

Really good fun whichever way you look at it.

Sigh.... I wish I had cable back... When I was running TF I was the one doing the slaughtering. I got far better kill ratios with cable and Cedega/Linux than I ever did with cable and Windows, and better ping too. The action of Tremulous looks faster than my DSL connection. FPS seems very good for me though at 1024x768.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

I've always found it kind to my resources whether it's my net connection or my hardware. It used to run very well on my P4 and GeForce6200. I have a 3Mbps/384Kbps connection, though it runs closer to 2Mb tbh.

It runs a little better on my quad core and 8600GT

Just Joined!
    Well, what wonder

How would it run on my computer, i am musing, i mean, is a AMD Duron 1GHz with 380MB RAM that old?

Ogion

P.S.: What luck that i am no gamer

I'd say with moderate settings it would work...and it's never too late to become a gamer

Just Joined!
    Well, i am not completely no gamer. There were some games i played (Civ3, Heroes of Might and Magic2-4, ...). And lately i played Neverwinter Nights, of which i discovered it to run natively on Linux.
    But my gaming time is really not that much.

Ogion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2