Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a long time Linux user, but because of me joining the military, I've been out of the scene for a while. I bought a new laptop with Vista and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

World of Warcraft Doesn't Work Any More

I'm a long time Linux user, but because of me joining the military, I've been out of the scene for a while. I bought a new laptop with Vista and after experimenting around found that Fedora 8 is the best distro for its hardware. Anyway, before the military, I could play WoW in Linux on my desktop which had a 256 MB NVidia GeForce FX 5500 video card. Now, on this laptop using a 256 MB Intel Extreme Graphics card, it doesn't work so hot. It works, but sometimes my fonts randomly disappear, and my spell icons look all screwed up. The game world looks fine, just the HUD stuff is messed up. I've tried using Fedora's copy of 0.9.49 in yum, and it didn't work. So I installed gcc and all that good stuff and downloaded/compiled version 0.9.51 myself, same issues. I am using opengl and I do have pixel shaders turned off. Here is what the game looks like minus the white ground (that was because of pixel shaders being turned on in winecfg.) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are my system specs:
    Toshiba Satellite L45 Laptop
    1 GB RAM
    1.7 Ghz Pentium Dual Core
    256 MB Intel Extreme Graphics

Linux Newbie
    Hmm, seems running the game in DirectX after an OS reinstall due to some other mistakes I made makes the game run just fine. OpenGL lags like a crazy man though for some reason.