Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im completly new to linux and i just recently installed Mandrake 10 and i need to know exactly what to do if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nvidia Driver install

Im completly new to linux and i just recently installed Mandrake 10 and i need to know exactly what to do if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated THANKS!

Linux Engineer
    login as root and then press alt+ctrl+F1
    put username and pass for root and then type init 3
    after that press enter and then with cd command go to the folder that u have the driver.then type ./ <Nvidia driver name>.
    that's it!
    then reboot.when nvidia logo appears you have succesfuly installed the drivers.then the only thing you have to do is to enable 3d support.
    manually check the /etyc/X11/xf86config to see which section module.it shouldn't contain "dri".then check section device and make sure that driver is set to "nvidia" not nv.
    good luck!
    Linux For Ever!

Linux User
    Latest nvidia linux driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux.html
    HOWTO/FAQ/Special options, all in one file: ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Li...106/README.txt

It's pretty simple to install, su to root, run the script. Then the maybe hard part is you have to edit your X config. The above readme describes what file and what to edit.
    --monkey

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    thanks ima try that

Just Joined!
    how would i go about finding the folder that contains the nvidia .run from the command line

Linux Engineer
    with cd command(like dos-cd stands for change directory).type pwd firstly to see where you are.then cd // to go to / directory.use the ls to see the folders.with that way go to directory you downloaded driver.if you can't find where it is try :
    Code:
    find / -name *NVIDIA*
    it will send you back the path it locates the driver.then use cd and ls to go there!
    Linux For Ever!

Linux Engineer
    if anything goes wrong please post!
    Linux For Ever!