Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I need some help. I can't use flash player on the firefox x86_64 edition! What should I do? thanx!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Flash for 64bit browser?

Hi!

I need some help. I can't use flash player on the firefox x86_64 edition! What should I do?

thanx!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Well View Post
    Hi!

I need some help. I can't use flash player on the firefox x86_64 edition! What should I do?

thanx!
    Use a 32 bit browser, or not use flash at all, maybe?

I don't think there is 64 bit version of flash out, just yet. Someone please correct if that's wrong.

Hopefully, some of the others will chime in with some better options for you.
    oz

Just Joined!
    The thing is that when I install the tar.gz file that you can download from mozillas website then it turns out to be a x86_64 version, but it says i381 on the website. I watch alot of stuff on youtube and so on so I really need the flash player!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Now I found the solution

Before you Install plugins DON'T have any browsers open!

1) Install nspluginwrapper and flash player

2) Remove Firefox, and then re-install Firefox using this: Mozilla Firefox in English | Mozilla Europe into the opt folder I found that alot easier! If you haven't got an opt folder use mkdir to create one.

$ su
    < password >
    # cd /home/(username)/Dektop assuming that you have the tar file on the Desktop
    # mv firefox* /opt/
    # cd /opt/
    # tar -zxvf firefox*

Then type "kmenuedit" and press enter, then add new item, and then in the command box type: /opt/firefox/firefox
    And then SAVE!

3) use this to move the plugin: mv /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so /opt/firefox/plugins

4) cd /opt/firefox/plugins

5) And then use this code: nspluginwrapper -i /opt/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Five easy steps to get 32 bit flash player in a 64 bit firefox! Hope this helped someonelse=)