Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I've never tried cedega, but I've gotten steam to work with wine just fine. Have you tried using the opengl command for the game startup? I don't run directx games ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I've never tried cedega, but I've gotten steam to work with wine just fine. Have you tried using the opengl command for the game startup? I don't run directx games on linux unless I have to, its nice if the game was also ported to mac, so the opengl support is good (WoW) and hl1 and its mods are all well implemented in opengl as well.

StarCraft used to work for me almost perfectly under Cedega. Wine took a little more doing but it was playable. I just re-installed StarCraft about a week ago. Under the latest Cedega, it hard crashes about every 5 to ten minutes. Under regular Wine, it runs almost perfectly with no crashes at all... Go figure.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

I've got Steam and Half-Life working under Wine. All I needed was to add -opengl to the advanced options and so far so good. Sound and all. I've tried relentlessly to get Steam going with Cedega, With Cedega, I cannot even get past the signing in stage. It keeps crashing and I try again with the same result. And yes, I've removed "the blob" a thousand times.

This is just the opposite of what my experiences were a few years ago. Then, Cedega ran everything satisfactory and Wine wouldn't run well at all. At least with the games I'm working with... what a reversal!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2