Find the answer to your Linux question:
The problem: Getting into quake three, everything starts up, openGL starts, and then i try and move my mouse...nothing happens! "This could make this game actually difficult" i say quietly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Quake three: No mouse movement?

The problem: Getting into quake three, everything starts up, openGL starts, and then i try and move my mouse...nothing happens!

"This could make this game actually difficult" i say quietly to myself.

However i was incorrect because the mouse1 button when clicked still worked...

Still there is no way in hell im playing online like that!

I assume its a xfree86 config problem? Have i initialized my mouse wrong?

Is it something else?

Oh.. mandrake10 is my distro, and the mouse is a plain ball mouse. (works normally) Ps/2 etc
    /skythra

It could be a bug in the game. Have you contacted the developer about this problem? And is the mouse properly configured?

Linux Newbie
    Apart from ID stop supporting q3 for a long time since 1.32b on linux..

which was like 1.5 years ago. :C

Secondly the mouse worked in 9.2... until PunkBuster was enabeled when it would spin wildly when playing, and spectating it would be fine..

the mouse is fine out of game.. its just a scroll ps/2 mouse all the buttons work. The last time i confgured it was way back in the mdk10 installation. Its a pretty generic mouse.. i suppose i coul d try another driver.. maybe q3 is really just too old though. Cant handle the new platform.
    /skythra

Linux Newbie
    Im going to reinstall that 1.32b i googled some more and some other linux forums have had the problem said the 1.32b fixed it.

I thought i grabbed these files, and then installed them, however, sicne i grabbed them off a dodgy site (telstra gamearena ) it could have been anything!

typing version in the console didnt reveal anything but the fact it was quake. without teamarena.
    /skythra