Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, Ubuntu 7.10 workstation I wonder what software on Open Source is used for creating the moving tabs on top and at bottom of following website; Derivatives People Advice ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Application for creating moving tab

Hi folks,

Ubuntu 7.10 workstation

I wonder what software on Open Source is used for creating the moving tabs on top and at bottom of following website;

Derivatives People

Advice would be appreciated. TIA

B.R.
    satimis

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    Hi folks,

Ubuntu 7.10 workstation

I wonder what software on Open Source is used for creating the moving tabs on top and at bottom of following website;

Derivatives People

Advice would be appreciated. TIA

B.R.
    satimis
    I don't see anything moving on the top.

At the bottom I can see some text scrolling. If you right click over it you will see that it's flash. Using flash in general is idiotic, but using it for a text banned is definitely evil.

Just use javascript, which is portable and works everywhere. To rely on flash to show text is the best way to make sure that 90% of the people will never read that text.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    Just use javascript, which is portable and works everywhere. To rely on flash to show text is the best way to make sure that 90% of the people will never read that text.
    Agree, I'm now running javascript for text scrolling. The basic is not difficult for me to learn as a beginner. But the variation is quite complicate. I'm now searching around the codes making a colored edge on the banner/tag as well as red LED marquee. I trust I came across the latter before. Unfortunately I can't find it any more. Any advice? TIA

B.Regards
    satimis

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close