Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed mplayer 1.0pre5 and everything went fine. I was even able to watch all my videos, nothing was wrong. Then suddenly the colors flipped? Now when I try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    e2k
    Just Joined!

Mplayer colors?

I recently installed mplayer 1.0pre5 and everything went fine. I was even able to watch all my videos, nothing was wrong. Then suddenly the colors flipped? Now when I try to watch a video, the colors just seem to be different shades of blue? This leads to my second question. How do remove a program I've compiled?

check your codecs, and filters, mplayer has alot of options, you might have changed something inadvertenly, same with your video card, can you post a list of all the changes you made to your system that were close in time to the blueness? most install scripts also have a make uninstall script
    Code:
    make uninstall
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

e2k
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for the make uninstall command tip.. The only thing I changed, was that I made mplayer the default videoplayer for some videotypes? Could this be where the dog is burried?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    hehe buried dogs... its unlikely, did you make any other changes? any at all, they dont have to pertain to mplayer directly.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

e2k
    Just Joined!
    None at all.. I was just watching videos, and suddenly they got blueish The only thing I did was as I said made mplayer the default player (in gnome) for some videotypes