Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Jul 2004
Re: 6800+SuSEOriginally Posted by uberdude
I was able to successfully install my 6800 on SuSE 9.1 doing this:
1. Boot into failsafe (console)
2. Log in as root
3. Run the nvidia installer (.sh file)
4. Run SaX2
5. Click "Enable 3D Acceleration" under the "Display" section
6. Where it asks what card you have, say it's a Geforce 5900 Ultra.
7. Finalize and Save out of SaX2
If you have any questions about this let me know.
I did get the 3D drivers to work for my 6800 in SuSE, however there is a rather strange quirk to it: I can't boot into runlevel 5 (graphical login). I haven't quite determined why this is, since it's not a problem with my X Windows configuration. I can log in and start up the GUI with 'startx' just fine, full 3D acceleration, it just won't start by itself due to "Errors in Runlevel 5".Registered Linux user #270181