Find the answer to your Linux question:
When using kaudiocreator it tells me to insert a disk, but there is already one in. Since audio cd's do not need to be mounted, do I think there must ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

cd ripping permissions

When using kaudiocreator it tells me to insert a disk, but there is already one in.

Since audio cd's do not need to be mounted, do I think there must be an error in the set permissions. What do I set them to? Here's my /etc/fstab entry
    Code:
    /dev/cdrom       /mnt/cdrom       iso9660     noauto,user,ro  0   0
    --monkey

Linux Newbie
    Does it tell you that when you're root too? Maybe if you change "user" to "users"...

Also, I think the device that /dev/cdrom points to might only be readable by the group "cdrom", so try adding yourself to that group.
    Situations arise because of the weather,
    And no kinds of love are better than others.

Linux User
    Yes.

That entry wasn't edited by me. Since it's not supposed to be mounted, I don't *think* it has anything to do with my fstab.
    Also, I think the device that /dev/cdrom points to might only be readable by the group "cdrom", so try adding yourself to that group.
    The group name is disk.

I'll try changing its group to cdrom and see if it works.
    --monkey

Just Joined!
    I managed to sort out a similar problem yesterday. Instead of changing the group entry (I believe it's supposed to be 'disk'), go to the hdc file in the /dev/ directory, right click on it and select the permissions tab. Then type the name of your non-root user account in the user box.

I hope this helps.

you could change the fs type to 'auto' see if that helps. Audio CD's are probably not in iso9660.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333