Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
in order to install the drivers you should enter runlevel 3.so a quick guide is: if you are in kde or gnome press alt+ctrl+F1.then type username & passwd for root.then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

in order to install the drivers you should enter runlevel 3.so a quick guide is:
    if you are in kde or gnome press alt+ctrl+F1.then type username & passwd for root.then type init 3 or telinit 3 to reach runlevel 3.then with cd command locate the driver in the specific folder that you have it (NVIDIA***).then type ./NVIDIA** and install the drivers.after that type startx and it's done!when you install correctly,if you reboot you'll see nvidia's splash screen
    good luck!
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    Ok, so I got into runlevel 3, navigated to the *.run file and then tried to run it. It said my permission was denied. I was logged in as root.

<-confused

ur using the wrong command. it's
    Code:
    sh ./NVIDIA*.run
    that will work! oh also make sure you have ur kernel source installed which is supplied by mandrake. go to k -> sys -> packaging -> install and then search for kernel-source and install your version, which most likely is 2.6.3-4mdk

Linux Engineer
    about permissions type chmod 777 NVIDIA*.run..then install thm with ./NVIDIA*
    Linux For Ever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2