Find the answer to your Linux question:
Seriously. I can often find the torrent but it is usually dead. Sometimes, if it is not dead, it will never fully download. I'd say I have about a 50% ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] How often can you find (AND SUCCESSFULLY UTILIZE) torrents for the music you

Seriously.
    I can often find the torrent but it is usually dead. Sometimes, if it is not dead, it will never fully download.

I'd say I have about a 50% success rate in finding the usable torrents for the particular music I want.

Anyone have tips or tricks to increase my success rate? Or is this just the nature of the beast?

Most music is not available legally via BitTorrent. Unless you are specifically referring to artists who willingly offer their content via torrent files this discussion is against the forum rules:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ums-rules.html

If you are talking about legal torrents from independent artists (or famous artists who released something in a torrent, such as Nine Inch Nails) then the best advice I can give you is keep trying.

I've tried downloading obscure Linux distributions before via Torrent and it's really a gamble whether there will be 10 seeds, 1 seed, or no seeds at any given time of day or day of the week.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants