Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

yep, uh huh

lol

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Artesia View Post
    The thing with filenames is that I've been an avid downloader since '99 and my tastes are for music from all over the world. So one, tags in those days were not that well written, and two, if tags were present they were often in a character set not easily recognized by an English-speaking computer. So early on, I learned to just ignore them and kept up my filenames, instead.
    Look at easytag. Assuming that the file names are standarised (or at least, are uniform on a directory by directory basis) this will cut the time you need to tag your files by many orders of magnitude. It can look a bit crazy on a first sight, but it's not that hard to handle and can really help you.

I tell it to you as the owner of a 115gb collection, with more than 21305 into it (I just counted the mp3 tracks but there are many more formats, between them a decent amount of ogg files).

Still, I haven't tagged all my collection, but I might have tagged around 50% of it using easytag. I also tagged some disks using amarok, when I used to use that beast, but it's slow, it's the kind of player that is nice to tag each file as you hear it, but it's not intended for massive tagging.

Thanks for the recommendation. I might tackle this project soon--I just transferred over a good portion of my albums from my XP box. I had been avoiding this because I figured that it was going to be a huge undertaking to get a Linux box and a Win box talking to each other, but amazingly, this was not the case.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close