Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to download SecondLife. I have Ubuntu but I'm not sure which version. I'm 14 so don't expect me to be a complete computer wiz. The secondlife file is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SecondLife Downloading Help.

I'm trying to download SecondLife. I have Ubuntu but I'm not sure which version. I'm 14 so don't expect me to be a complete computer wiz. The secondlife file is a tar.bz2, and I don't know what to do with it. Help?

Just Joined!
    Lol um anyone?

Just Joined!
    Ello? Um anyone!!!!

Hello Killermarshmellow! I hope you intend to play Teen SecondLife as Linden Laboratories is very strict and adamant about keeping underage players (under eighteen) off the main grid. Here's how...
    Code:
    bunzip2 SecondLife_i686_1_19_1_4.tar.bz2
    When it's done, do:
    Code:
    tar xvf  SecondLife_i686_1_19_1_4.tar
    To run:
    Code:
    cd  SecondLife_i686_1_19_1_4 && ./secondlife
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

just to make it really clear, you need to type those commands into a "terminal" which you will find on the "utilities" section of the menubar. depending on where you downloaded the file to (eg desktop or home folder) you might need to also do a change directory <cd> command (eg cd /home or cd desktop)
    you can also check what files are in the directory by using the command list <ls>

you should also be able to use a graphical tool like file roller to extract the files like a zip file on windows
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

ps i know your new here but its bad ettiquette on forums to repeatedly ask the question to "bump" the post. if people know the answer they will post
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Just Joined!

Second Life

Hi there.U want to install Second life on ubuntu go here Packages on category Games
    Download it here and install and play thats it...