Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
To say that I enjoy gaming is an understatement, however I really don't see that many games, or i'm not sure where to find them. When i played around in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux RPG/MUD/MMORPGS

To say that I enjoy gaming is an understatement, however I really don't see that many games, or i'm not sure where to find them. When i played around in Windows I would occasionally visit Download.com to look for games, on chance i came across a MMORPG and loved it, though it was sluggish at times (char progression). Can anyone recommend some games?

thx in advance

Linux Guru
    Linux Quake is pretty good:

http://www.linuxquake.com/

Linux User
    Half Life was always one of my favs in Windoze. I'll have to try it out in Linux now!

http://lhl.linuxgames.com/

If you like MUDding, I would suggest Medievia. I play it and it's a lot of fun.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!

Linux Newbie
    one to watch out for is planeshift ( www.planeshift.it ) its not comleted yet but its an up-and-coming so ^_^
    and its on lin and win ^_^ so thats a good sign
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

Just Joined!

Good MU* listing

http://www.mudconnector.com
    has a great listeing of muds, mushes, etc. check the LISTINGS link, and you can browse by category or alphabetically.

My favorite RPG

My favorite RPG for Linux is Bioware's Neverwinter Nights. It's a 3rd person 3D-rendered RPG that follows Dungeons and Dragons rules (not just a clickfest like Diablo, although that's a neat game too). It doesn't ship with a Linux client in the box, but you can download it off Bioware's website.

http://nwn.bioware.com

If you have access to a MS Windows installation of it, your download times will go down considerably since you're going to need a lot of the game data files.

The game is definitely not for the faint of hardware. It's fully 3D which means a decent video card is required, along with a pretty powerful CPU and a good amount of RAM. I have all 3 and it still skips at higher resolutions.

All in all it's a great game though. The experience changes every time you play it (though the main quest is the same, you can take an almost infinite amount of sidequests or approach the main quest a different way) so it's one of those games you can keep coming back to. Not to mention the original NWN (without expansions) can be found at most game shops in the bargain bin for around $10USD. It's well worth it if your system can handle it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I love NWN, but don't play as much as I would like. I also play pnp D&D3.5 with some friends around the area. Nothing beats D&D with your buddies.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Well, there are already two things here I agree with: D&D v. 3.5 with your friends is a great option, and, if you're into MUDs, Medievia is the best. Why am I ressurecting this thread? I was looking for rpgs to be played that weren't online, and this page showed up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast