Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to burn a bunch of mp3's to an audio cd but I also want the song information (artist, album, track title etc) to be kept for other computers, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Burning an audio CD?

I want to burn a bunch of mp3's to an audio cd but I also want the song information (artist, album, track title etc) to be kept for other computers, car etc. Is this even possible? I did it on Windows using CDBurnerXP pro and that didn't work, the cda files dont keep this information.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by larmie View Post
    I want to burn a bunch of mp3's to an audio cd but I also want the song information (artist, album, track title etc) to be kept for other computers, car etc. Is this even possible? I did it on Windows using CDBurnerXP pro and that didn't work, the cda files dont keep this information.
    What you need is to get the cd-text info for the cd rom. Some players can use musicbrainz or something like that to name the traks automatically (with some occasional fuzz, of course), the most secure way is to put the info manually. Most graphical frontends to record cdaudio disks will allow you to set and edit the cd text stuff.

Just Joined!
    Know of any?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    K3b will allow you to add cdtext info when creating audio cds.

But remember that only the players supporting cdtext will use it, though.