Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed yellow dog linux 5.0 on my ps3 however the wireless is not working. I cannot even reconfigure it. I can configure it just fine on my ps3 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PS3 wireless not working

I just installed yellow dog linux 5.0 on my ps3 however the wireless is not working. I cannot even reconfigure it. I can configure it just fine on my ps3 os but not linux. I do not even see and option for configuring internet. Am I missing something?

Linux Guru
    I'm not familiar with YDL, but it seems to be based on Red Hat Linux. To configure a network device in Red Hat/Fedora, you would run this command.
    Code:
    /usr/bin/system-config-network
    To view a list of the hardware in your system, use this command.
    Code:
    lspci
    Please post the output of that command. It should tell me needed info about the wireless device.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    yellow dog does not have full hardware access, the device for the wireless is the same as for wired, you have to configure it in the main OS and then you can use the wireless. i dont know if iwconfig will work but it should.
    the wireless is eth0 if i recall. (it is a pretty ****** thing to do because you can only use one or the other)

far as i can tell, the main OS sits above the linux OS, kinda like bios in your PC..but far more restrictive. the kernel interfaces with what the primary OS tells it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close