Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux and I cna't use itunes because Linux won't take it (grr that's the easy way gone) I have tried loading itunes in Wine and nothing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How can I import songs on to myipod without Itunes

I am new to linux and I cna't use itunes because Linux won't take it (grr that's the easy way gone) I have tried loading itunes in Wine and nothing so if someone could tell me how to import songs on to my ipod in simple instructions, would be nice thanks =DDD

You can use Gtkpod to do your transfers, it does the job well and it does everything you'll need. I believe it'll even transcode other formats for you too.

However I much prefer to use Amarok. Any application in Linux that works with iPods does it through a library called libgpod, so the application you use is just a matter of preference. I personally have found Amarok better as it uses your album art. That is of course if you have Amarok managing your music collection already, which I can also highly recommend.

Just Joined!
    Well I have tried both Gtkpod won't transfer over and Amerok won't work with out Drivers for sound card and my sound doesn't work atm so yea, HELP please =DDD

What model of iPod are you using? I know the iPod Touch and the iPhone are still read-only but all other models should work. I'm using the latest iPod Classic (120GB) and it's working 100%.

Just Joined!
    I have the new Ipod classic (80GB)

itunes for ubuntu?

I like to have my podcasts organized, audiobooks under audiobooks. etc etc. gtk does some things but it keeps "seeing" two ipods. So rhythmplayer seems the best choice. Also I have ended up with a bunch of those WWPJ.mp3, RTYU.mp3 etc, you know...one whole audiobook did that. Ill just use my Macbook to sync for right now.

Just Joined!
    I had the same issue. What i did was dump all my audio on a usb HDD under windows using idump. Then I went to Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware and installed that on my 80GB ipod. And that is how i now use my ipod, under linux it shows up as a external HDD. So i can add my music that way. Downfall is I can't play any mp4 file.