Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all o.k. heres my problem i had ALSA originally as thats what came with ubuntu, but it would not work with my sound card (ALC889) so I followed instructions ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with OSS4 and skype

hi all

o.k. heres my problem i had ALSA originally as thats what came with ubuntu, but it would not work with my sound card (ALC889) so I followed instructions on how to get OSS4 working with it. now I have it installed and can play mp3's fine albeit with no general volume control only the controls within the app I use, and now i have installed skype and found that when I place a test call I get an error message stating problem with audio playback and my mic does not seem to work either.

so what I ultimately need is help on getting these problems sorted:
    - volume control
    - audio playback in skype
    - mic working in skype

is there anyone out there that can help me??

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAgOnNz View Post
    hi all

now i have installed skype and found that when I place a test call I get an error message stating problem with audio playback and my mic does not seem to work either.

is there anyone out there that can help me??
    Hi even i faced same issue with skype but i got it fixed by trial and error method. I am newbie to linux so i dont have anyidea on the backend. I have posted a snapshot of the sound settings in my skype... Hope it may b usefull to u... Regards Srinidhi
    Attached Images Attached Images